NorthWest Exploration Forum

NorthWest Exploration Forum (http://www.nwex.co.uk/index.php)
-   Underground (http://www.nwex.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Giants hole, peak district (http://www.nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8943)

buddah 26-03-2011 21:09

Giants hole, peak district

georgie 26-03-2011 21:16

top stuff this m8 well done

Reddood 26-03-2011 21:26

They came out better than mine mate.

This is quite probably the hardest thing i have ever had to do, that crab walk is knee smashing, sholder wrecking, soaking wetting, horrable stuff

Snake Oil 26-03-2011 21:42

great photos, I'd love to do a bit of caving at some time :)

darwen dave 26-03-2011 22:00

Good pics chaps.

Glad to see you've been at it again and that me and Andyj didn't put you off for life. :thumbs

warning caving is highly addictive.

The aches and pains subside as you gain experience, and get those little used muscles working.

You'll be off down Gaping Gill next at Spring Bank. All pitches pre-rigged, so it's in at one entrance and out on the winch.:p

Reddood 26-03-2011 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake Oil (Post 137530)
great photos, I'd love to do a bit of caving at some time :)

If you're going to try it, i would recomend going with someone who knows what ther're doing (which incidentally isnt me or Buddah) , We we're lucky enough to be given a tour by darwin dave and andyJ last week and they did a fair job of giving us some tips and pointers.

may be worth you having a look at a couple of the well trodden mines in north wales first to give you a feel for been underground without the risk of been court out by the weather, obviously these places have their own dangers, but most are fairly easy to get around in and as long as you dont dick about and are sensable.

buddah 26-03-2011 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by darwen dave (Post 137532)
Good pics chaps.

Glad to see you've been at it again and that me and Andyj didn't put you off for life. :thumbs

warning caving is highly addictive.

The aches and pains subside as you gain experience, and get those little used muscles working.

You'll be off down Gaping Gill next at Spring Bank. All pitches pre-rigged, so it's in at one entrance and out on the winch.:p

cheers guys.

cheers dave, Yeah i really want to get down there, so i think that might be the perfect opportunity.
No not at all mate i think we are going to head back up to alum pot to ab into it get some pics from the bottom.

Snake Oil 26-03-2011 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddood (Post 137533)
If you're going to try it, i would recomend going with someone who knows what ther're doing (which incidentally isnt me or Buddah) , We we're lucky enough to be given a tour by darwin dave and andyJ last week and they did a fair job of giving us some tips and pointers.

may be worth you having a look at a couple of the well trodden mines in north wales first to give you a feel for been underground without the risk of been court out by the weather, obviously these places have their own dangers, but most are fairly easy to get around in and as long as you dont dick about and are sensable.

most definitely, the last time I was in caves was a looooooooong time ago in junior school!

Kenni 27-03-2011 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake Oil (Post 137536)
most definitely, the last time I was in caves was a looooooooong time ago in junior school!

I also would like to do this.. Great pics guys :thumbs

sallybear 27-03-2011 11:01

Fantastic!! Eeek on the pain, sounds like a tough one. Pics are really good though!!