NorthWest Exploration Forum

NorthWest Exploration Forum (http://www.nwex.co.uk/index.php)
-   Heritage and non Urbex (http://www.nwex.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   CN Tower Toronto Canada August 2009 (http://www.nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7812)

rigy 26-07-2010 12:40

CN Tower Toronto Canada August 2009

The CN Tower.

Now there is a place on here for stuff like this!

A little history/Info from the net.

The CN Tower, located in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is a communications and observation tower standing 553.3 metres (1,815 ft) tall. It surpassed the height of the Ostankino Tower while still under construction in 1975, becoming the tallest free-standing structure on land in the world for the next 31 years. On September 12, 2007 the CN Tower was surpassed in height by Burj Khalifa (formerly known as Burj Dubai). It remains the tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere, the signature icon of Toronto's skyline, and a symbol of Canada, attracting more than two million international visitors annually. Though Burj Khalifa is the tallest free-standing structure, the CN Tower remains the world's tallest tower, according the Guinness Book of World Records 2010, although the Guangzhou TV & Sightseeing Tower surpassed the height of the CN Tower in 2009.

CN originally referred to Canadian National, the railway company that built the tower. Following the railway's decision to divest non-core freight railway assets, prior to the company's privatization in 1995 it transferred the tower to the Canada Lands Company, a federal Crown corporation responsible for real estate development. Since local residents wished to retain the name CN Tower, the abbreviation is now said to expand to Canada's National Tower rather than the original Canadian National Tower; however, neither of these names are commonly used.

The Pictures

Thanks for looking:thumbs

Earth Worm Jim 26-07-2010 12:42

Get a rope over the edge and that would be quite a nice little abseil. :D

sneak 26-07-2010 15:30

Thats sick. I remember MortalDecay posted some from here a while back. Proper badman place this would love to go up it!! Cheers

Jim Gillette 26-07-2010 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4737carlin (Post 125473)
Mental view, wouldnt like to climb a set of stairs all the way to the to of that

Somebody did it on a pogo stick once.

I'd love to go here again.

Pr1vate Piles 26-07-2010 21:29

amazing, absolutely amazing

urban 26-07-2010 21:55

Looks fantastic up there...the glass floor looks fun!!

rigy 27-07-2010 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Gillette (Post 125486)
Somebody did it on a pogo stick once.

I'd love to go here again.

That was the empire state building i think Jim, i might be wrong though, or he might have done both i m not sure.

Ojay 27-07-2010 14:20

Cool, I'm gonna throw some of mine up later, did this a few years back, is seriously high, think I might even have 1 or 2 cheeky ones from a non-public bit too!