View Single Post
My UE Year in Pictures
(#1)
Old
Administrator

Arrow My UE Year in Pictures - 31-12-2008, 16:00

OK, time for a look back on 2008, as it's cold and foggy outside and I've eaten too much chocolate to be bothered to do any real exploring

February - Pickle Factory
A slow start to the year having spent all of January on holiday. A nice easy local explore was just the thing to get back into the swing o'things, even if it was shit.

March - Ivy Bank Mills
In a feat of breathtaking understatement, the local authority describe the condition of this place as 'ruinous' This place made Cheadle Bleachworks look like it had just opened. Highlight was the carding engine stuck between the ceiling beams.

April - Old Lane Mill
Just another empty mill, but access was easy enough so it was rude not to have a look.

May - Huncoat Power Station Admin Block
I've been 3 times but only been in once due to the presence of the Police. Despite that, it's somewhere that had no right to be an enjoyable explore, but somehow was.

June - Astley Green
OK, so not really an explore, but always worth a mooch

July - Winter Hill Mines
My first foray underground with Gibbo and Morrisey. Very hard work, slightly scary but very rewarding.

August - Griffe Mill
Back above ground for a place that's been abandoned since the 1920's!

September - Criggion VLF Station
Visited a couple of Heritage Open Day sites in Shropshire with DCG, and then did a proper explore of the Criggion VLF Station. Lovely setting, not masses to see though. Apart from the random wooden water ski.

October - Victoria Baths
The official NWEX visit as organised by DCG, good to put faces to names and to see some old faces I'd not seen for a while.

November - Grove Rake
A site I'd wanted to visit for some time, and well worth the trek up the M6 and across the moors.

December - nowt
Other than a brief mooch round Westwood Mill that I've not bothered to upload pics for, been too busy for exploring.

Well that's my year, what about everyone else?