View Single Post
Starkerley Culvert, Bolton
(#1)
Old

Default Starkerley Culvert, Bolton - 31-03-2013, 12:45

STARKERLEY CULVERT, BOLTON - MARCH 2013

Visited with Snake Oil

After two attempts elsewhere turned out to be complete fails, Snake Oil had pointed this one out to me many months ago so we decided to take a look.

On arrival it was twin RCP pipes around 3ft tall with no sign of an end but with our two fails of the day we decided this had to be done. After an excruciating back breaking walk/crawl through we finally reached a small manhole access chamber with a 5ft RCP leading from it to which through this pipe we was met with this awesome recently built chamber all built from pikey proof plastic and GRP where new meets old.

Looking further on into the old stoopy shot-creted/bricked section we made our way through the stoopy section we eventually come to a new section of 5ft RCP. This section of pipe slowly gets smaller and smaller until you get to the grated infall which luckily enough for us was missing its lock.

Out onto the surface to get a better look of the grill I then make it up to the top waiting for Snake Oil to make his way then i hear a massive smash and a splash..... he decided rather than taking some photos he would go for a swim instead taking his camera with him...

All in all, even though it was quite a back breaker, this one was rather a great find with plenty of old and new stuff to be seen.

click HERE to view my website

Last edited by viraleye; 02-05-2013 at 18:36.