View Single Post
(#7)
Old

Default 04-04-2009, 17:03

just thought i would update as was looking at the site for a while ground as have spoken to the lad owner and got the history of the own a ship heres the story as i was told it 2 weeks ago:

The farmer (Mr Hodgkinson from Hodgkinson farm ) bought the land back from the RAF when the site was diss used and going to be abandand and no further ue was requied 1050 s.

he kept the lad and buildlings and used it to story farm animals and things. he died in the eaily 90s and in his will gave his son Mr J Hodgkinson the farm and the ownaship of the land he kept croft and used it the same as his farther but applyed for planning permision and was turned down due to the comunaty refusing it.

then in 2006 he reaplyed for plans again and had to have suvays and substance cheaks but this got refused due to the ground being unsafe ( as it has its own undergraound serwer system which is badly damaged beond repair so it was refused again.

the son after this sold the lad to his rich uncle who i beleave isnt very friendly and dosent want any one on the lad ( but was told he hasnt been there for years and the local farmers are down there regular cutting the trees down for the house fires).

the armed police have been after the land for a few year to train but they cannot get insurance for the place due to the amount of uncovered man holes scattered around and the place is very unsafe allso be warned there is asbestos about.

last i was down there i did find some interesting underground enterances but unsure weather they are air raid shelters as there are a few very large but when i removed the covers they were full to the lid of water ( but allso might be part of the sewer) if you look at the pic you can see how big they are i will allso add a map from google maps were they are incase any one has seen them or fancys a dive lol

Last edited by diablo; 04-04-2009 at 21:22.