NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page Jim Barrie's Quarry
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim Barrie's Quarry
(#1)
Old
Night Explorer

Arrow Jim Barrie's Quarry - 29-12-2008, 20:51

This is my first post so go easy on me guys.

This is a place near to my home which i have been visiting and slowly documenting its sad downfall. I belonged to a man called Jim Barrie which sold the land and now lives in tenerife. Now the land is just on a public footpath. I've been ok there for years but last time i went the owner of the land next to it got quite mad at me for being in there because they have had trouble with drugs teenagers and fire, the usual. But the house it's self is amazing. it's actually 2 houses stuck together, also a few garages and a truck repair yard. In 2005 a refurbishment was meant to happen but it just never got done. It's due to be demolished soon as they ripped off the front of the house and have pushed soil up to all the windows to stop people getting in but its still possible. Here are my pics from over the years. even in the early ones it was boarded up.

This was the first time i went down and the house inside was in pretty good condition. I do not have any other pictures due to a hard drive failure on my pc. I now use Mac

A few years later the house was still in pretty good condition inside and the outside had seen abit of damage but still in good tact.

A few years on and they tore the front of the house off. It's sad to see but it made access nice and easy and put some nice light inside the house for pictures.

Today this is what the house pretty much looks like on the outside. it's awful to look at because it was a lovely house and i'm sure in it's day would have been quite the palace!

Now for the rest.

3 garages along side each other. In the garage to the left is a door leading round to the other side of the second house. Nothing in the garages just fully overgrown.

This is just to the right of the previous 3 garages and seemed to be some form of work shop rooms. Just to the right of this was a building which has totally collapsed in on it's self and not accesable at all.

Then just the the right of those 3 workshops and the collapsed building is this garage, which was used for repairing cars and such, first time i went in there was car stereos, bumpers, speakers, and all sorts of junk. It is now empty.

Inside the house now

Fire Place

Front Door

Fire Damage

First bathroom

One of many bedrooms

A television left behind or fly tipped

Master Bedroom

Master bedroom leading on to the balcony and down the stairs which and nearly completely smashed now because of the collapse of most of the roof.

This had to be favorite room just because of the wall paper, it was a little boys room at some point in time, but i nearly fell through the floor but did not thanks to the carpet.

Again with the master bedroom. As we can see the 1 of 3 chimneys has collapsed in one itself.

The lounge, next to the lounge was the hall way, and the other side was the basement and the backdoor.

There is so much more to this house than i have explored. I have only really explored house 1. I have been inside house 2 but have not really documented it.

Hope you have all enjoyed my first post.

[Nocturne]

Last edited by [Nocturne]; 29-12-2008 at 21:53.