NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > High Places
Reload this Page Rivington pike. feb 2010
High Places Cranes, Rooftops, Chimneys, Towers, Masts, Silos etc.

(#21)
Old

Default 10-04-2010, 17:50

I dont know why i havn't been on the roof of that thing. Been up there so many times. Deffo need to check this basement out

My Pics... http://s328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/Fac51_Urbex/
PS. I have never been to the Hacienda
(#22)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 28-06-2010, 16:53

hello, didn't really want to open a new thread on this one cc has covered the history and your fairly limited on the pics you can get from it. but that said it did have fantastic views. visited with blino always wondered what it was like on top of there.

i would like to have a look a look at the cellar although i couldn't see any sign of it.

i was also lucky enough to be let inside the pigeon tower by a local ranger about 10 to 15 years ago it would be good to have another look inside.

(#23)
Old
bricks not braps

Default 28-06-2010, 17:53

nice one buddah
(#24)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 28-06-2010, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by the copy cat View Post
nice one buddah

cheers pal always wanted to see inside from when I used to be a kid. I used to get told that it was a gate house to secret tunnels that would be good though.
(#25)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 28-06-2010, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
hello, didn't really want to open a new thread on this one cc has covered the history and your fairly limited on the pics you can get from it. but that said it did have fantastic views. visited with blino always wondered what it was like on top of there.

i would like to have a look a look at the cellar although i couldn't see any sign of it.

i was also lucky enough to be let inside the pigeon tower by a local ranger about 10 to 15 years ago it would be good to have another look inside.
if you stand in front of that, looking towards the Dovecote tower (pigeon tower) about 800mtrs to your right, there is an entrance / vent shaft to a mine, walk about 50mtrs and there is another, both have now been capped though, BUT, if you walk a bit further (well a lot further) to the edge of the hill in the undergroth, there is a big gaping entrance, never had the balls to go in though.

i would think dovecote is pretty much the same as it was when you last looked, with the sewing room now having a chair in it, the floor was replaced a few years ago

Visit my blog NOW - www.dspexplores.com
(#26)
Old
Administrator

Default 28-06-2010, 22:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddood View Post
if you walk a bit further (well a lot further) to the edge of the hill in the undergroth, there is a big gaping entrance, never had the balls to go in though.

You got a map link to that entrance?

Egregious!
(#27)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 28-06-2010, 22:32

I've not, i know it's there though as we used to spend a lot of time up in that area, we used to sit in the opening smoking weed in my much younger days. I'll be over that way in a week or so, i'll nip to it with my gps and get it on google maps for you.

also,driving up to dovecote on that god awfull road (i think it's belmont road), between the farm house and the tower, there is a "S" bend in the track, with a fence to your right and a dry stone wall to your left, if you look over the wall, you are kind of looking looking down towards the res between two hills, on the hill to the right, between the trees, there is a mine or some kind of cave entrence there too.

(#28)
Old
Administrator

Default 28-06-2010, 22:54

Just give us a rough idea on google maps as i am pretty familiar with the area.

Egregious!
(#29)
Old

Default 28-06-2010, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
You got a map link to that entrance?
sounds interesting give us a shout if your going for a wander up ther.
my partner in crime is still out with a broken arm.
(#30)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 28-06-2010, 23:52

the one i've only seen from a short distance away was here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...ed=0CBkQnwIwAA

as you look down the hill, it is in the hill to the right.

buddah has posted a link to the 2 vent shafts i was on about that have now been capped in this thread here - http://www.nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7619

as for the other entrence, there is only poor quality pics on google earth, and i cant quite work out what is where, but for a rough idea for now, the bloke on the right of the picture in the link buddah posted is pointing in the direction, there was a wide entrence with a pile of mud / soil in front of it in the side of a steep hill if you walk in that direction,, the pile of mud looks like landslide that ran down and landed in front of the entrence, i should point out though, it was a good 15 or 20 years ago we used to hang about on there,

the one i've posted a google maps link to above, i saw earlyer this year while up at dovecote tower