NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Military Sites
Reload this Page Frodsham AAOR.
Military Sites Bunkers, Pillboxes, Forts, Airfields and all ROC & cold war related stuff goes here.

Frodsham AAOR.
(#1)
Old

Default Frodsham AAOR. - 19-02-2012, 15:18

Visited this place recently, couple of photo's from the outside (would of had more but battery died on camera!). Very impressed with the location. If it was painted green would be hard to spot from the road. As can be see, some of the locals have decided to 'decorate' the outer wall.
(#2)
Old

Default 19-02-2012, 15:20

(#3)
Old

Default 19-02-2012, 18:56

'yay for headlights'
(#4)
Old

Default 20-02-2012, 21:45

had a look round it a couple of years ago.....Its the most intact one left, even has the perspex windows left in. It is/was up for sale. I was supposed to be converted to a nuclear shelter in the early eighties but was only cosmetically done, with no air filtration etc etc....as far as i know its only used for storage of council stuff at the moment....The interior doors still have the original room names on but overpainted and I think the original air ventilation plant is still in situ.

(#5)
Old

Default 21-02-2012, 11:23

According to Sub Brit, it was used by the Fire Service as a standby control centre, but I don't know how old that info is.
(#6)
Old

Default 21-02-2012, 18:09

The fire service moved out some time ago.......to my knowledge it is not used for anything except a store for local authority stuff.....The new or should i say latest "emergency" bunker is located under the local authority buildings in Winsford......
(#7)
Old

Default 21-02-2012, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
According to Sub Brit, it was used by the Fire Service as a standby control centre, but I don't know how old that info is.
Fire service left in 2008 when the new backup control room was set up in Wallyton. The Beacons hadn't been used as a backup control room for many years prior to that. Occasional use for meetings and paper exercises but main user was really WRARC for teaching amateur radio courses.
(#8)
Old
Junglist

Default 08-03-2012, 16:44

Thats in good condition

if you search google for worlsey aaor u can see lots of pics from the frodsham an worsley ones
i think when they were in workin condition too.

There fantastic for acoustics. Ive seen 3 huge soundsystems set up in one of those an about 1000 illegal ravers inside. absolutly mental! proper ruined my explore that did hahaha.

M38 REP