NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page Sherdley - Remec, St. Helens, Feb 2011
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

Sherdley - Remec, St. Helens, Feb 2011
(#1)
Old

Default Sherdley - Remec, St. Helens, Feb 2011 - 09-02-2011, 20:23

Visited this place a few days ago, not the greatest mooch on earth to be honest, but thought I'd post this as a warning more than anything else! I don't know much history on the place other than Sherdley - Remec were manufacturers of conveyor belt type stuff.

I got there on a Friday afternoon when it was nice and quiet, the live building next door had closed for the day, so no one was around at all. I made my way into the yard area, and realised that there had been a serious fire in the main building recently, had a mooch round the yard buildings, took a few pics and was about to make my way into the main building when I noticed a car pull up 50 yards away facing my car. He'd probably spotted me so went back to my car to wait for him to leave, got a look at him then, burly, shaved head, just kinda sitting there looking my way. I had a drink and smoked most of a fag, with no sign of this guy leaving I was just debating to myself if it was worth bothering with the smoke blackened building, when another car came flying down the road with an even burlier shaved headed geezer in it, this one pulled in straight behind me and reversed close to my own car! Needless to say, alarm bells were rattling my head, I was outa there faster than Alonso from poll position, it might have been innocent coincidence that these two typical seco types arrived in the middle of nowhere just after me, but it didn't feel like it! So anyone visiting this place, beware.. you might be being watched, from the state of the smoke damage it doesn't look worth bothering anyway, it must be a right mess in there now!

So... a few photos I managed before I did a runner:

Thanks for looking... and remember... be careful out there.

Oz
(#2)
Old
Administrator

Default 09-02-2011, 21:47

Better safe than sorry really Boats do have a habit of turning up in funny places.
(#3)
Old

Default 10-02-2011, 14:11

I visited this last year with the same outcome two blokes turned up but this was because I tripped the alarm from the live site next door. The trick is to not go on the roof...Nice pics.
(#4)
Old

Default 11-02-2011, 17:51

The 2nd to last picture is of what looks to be an 11kv S&C A50 oil circuit breaker missing all its copper components, which should be in the substation, If thats been broken into and still live be very carefull
(#5)
Old

Default 02-08-2012, 22:03

the men you encounterd are probably gay as i live locally and the site and the park opposit are notorious for gay dogging
(#6)
Old
Utility Company Rep.

Default 02-08-2012, 22:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephy View Post
the men you encounterd are probably gay as i live locally and the site and the park opposit are notorious for gay dogging
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha urbex paranoia

photos here too