NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Military Sites
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: Croft RAF Base November 09
Military Sites Bunkers, Pillboxes, Forts, Airfields and all ROC & cold war related stuff goes here.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE: Croft RAF Base November 09
(#1)
Old
All Hail Canons

Arrow ARCHIVE: Croft RAF Base November 09 - 13-11-2009, 19:32

This place has been done to death now, over and over again but a check up to see how things have changed in the months its been left alone shows quite a lot. The decay is quite substantial now, with bits of the Asbestos pannelled roof falling in all the time.

Though it was a damp, rainy, windy day so as ever I went into asbestosville without a mask. I just covered my face and stayed well away from the enclosed areas where asbestos is any trouble. Big open spaces you are generally alright ive been told. Its enclosed places with a draft which are deadly supposedly when asbestos is present.

For a little history, I cant match Fluxys knowledge on this place but it was used as a transit camp during the second world war. It housed and looked after families with children that presumably moved there from cities where it was considered dangerous to live during the times when cities were easily bombed and blown to bits.

So for the pictures... Trying to avoid the same old stuff people have done...

Farming equipment dumped in one of the out buildings...

Leaky room with a funky white balance on the camera...

Some silhouette-age

Manky old steps, leading to the main corridor

Theatre section

The remainder of a stairway to the top of the theatre. Ive been up here numerous times and have only seen pictures from up there from one other urbexer so I went for gold but the rain just wrecked all the shots so this is the best I could do...

From the projector room at the back of the theatre

Pano shot of the theatre looking towards the projector room... Was just experimenting.

Was a good day there. I wasnt looking to go too far out and the viaduct had people on it I think were official seeing as they had a white van... Im always weary of those in the white vans
(#2)
Old
clock34

Default 20-11-2009, 01:22

Yeh i love the moss too Examples

Also i love the moss around this bath

and in this room too

P.S i have alot of photos of croft . shame its done to death online haha
Closed Thread