NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: two tunnels and a mystery 14&15-04-09
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE: two tunnels and a mystery 14&15-04-09
(#1)
Old
" get oif mioy laand"

Arrow ARCHIVE: two tunnels and a mystery 14&15-04-09 - 14-04-2009, 22:15

went out for a walk with lily along the huddersfield canal on easter monday when she spotted this near the southern entrance to scout tunnel

a nice outflow that appears to go under the canal hmmm not having any kit with us we decided to press on then return next day .
our stroll continued when we came across this

and this

and this

a quick peek revealed lots of debris bits of cable mud and concrete troughing what the hell is it for ?.

so returned home puzzled spoke with the bungle who remebers exploring this himself and was equaly as puzzled to its use

so returned today suitably booted suited and equiped .

first of all the crazy tunnel full of rubble and so in we go

evidance of high voltage cable and concrete troughing runs the lenght of the tunnell also signs that whatever insulated the cable had at some time been burned off ? also the sound of fast running water in the distance hmmmmmmmmmm?

arrive at the base of the large brick tower and find this

evidence of a large fire at its base had alook up the tower

but decided NOT to climb it a little further up came accross this

now i know where the running water was coming from this appears to be a cradle to hold cables above the water and they run for the length of the water tunnel now realy am puzzled why they share the tunnel ?

as can be seen they go off into the distance into what is now avery stoopy tunneland without a full dry suite know way was i crawling down there to investigate !

the water disapeared down this small twisty culvert towards the canal further investigateion found that it went under the canal and came out into the river tame just below this impresive wier

now having had a think about what such high voltage cable would be doing at this location i think i may and i stress may have worked it out ! i suspect the cable may have been the power cable for the convayor that ran from the railway sidings above down to the power station below the river and canal ( the now demolished herod power station )

altogether a nice little explore i will let lilly report on her find

"all for one and phuq the rest "!

"paddle faster i hear banjos"

Last edited by peanuts; 14-04-2009 at 22:58.
(#2)
Old
" get oif mioy laand"

Default 27-04-2009, 11:42

went back up that way with the kids on sunday and found a LOT more bits and bobs

found these chambers every 20yds sound of running water at the bottom of each they were runing parralell with the canal at the top of the railwaybanking

as can be seen very awkward to get into due to all the clutter

then found these buildings badly burned out and heavily graffiteed

internel

and also this externel

internal

lastly this chamber

which appeared to run to this some 200 yards away

this is all on the banking above the tunnel of orange goooo so may be connected will have to do some more investigating me thinks

"all for one and phuq the rest "!

"paddle faster i hear banjos"
Closed Thread