NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page Optimus Prime - April 11
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Optimus Prime - April 11
(#1)
Old

Default Optimus Prime - April 11 - 22-04-2011, 19:39

Visited with buddah and a non-member.

Been meaning to do this one for a while now, then the good old Lidl waders came on offer so there was no more excuses!

I hadn't been out for a while due to other DIY based commitments, so thought this was a nice easy one to do. The climb down to the river was a bit of a 'leap of faith'! And then the current of the water was so much stronger than I think any of us had expected! There was a few times where I thought I was going to to go arse over tit down the weir!

Then coming across a load of beer cans and wind breaks (which I initially thought was some homeless guys base camp) was funny!

There was a ridiculous amount of midgies down there which prevent us hanging around too much so I only got a couple of pics.