NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page Horwich Loco works april 2012
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

(#11)
Old

Default 23-04-2012, 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthMancBeds View Post
It's such a shame that they are trying to get rid. It's a very powerful piece of the landscape, I believe. The view of it from the M61 really gives some idea of the scale and there simply can't be many engine sheds like this that have not been demolished or manicured beyond belief (not that I am a rail expert). Good to see pictures from here again and stir it in the memories.
Gotta agree completely with you there mate. My old man spent some time in there back in the '50s whilst doing his electrical apprenticeship, I always give it a nod when passing up/down the M61.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will piss on your computer!
(#12)
Old

Default 10-05-2012, 21:59

Nice one, interesting to see inside the sheds, best to make the most of your chance. I discovered that they're not keen on you wandering around with a camera on the site…
(#13)
Old

Default 14-05-2012, 20:19

I wandered in peace for a while, but as I was heading back to the car one of the lads from one of the units beckoned me and said, security wants a word. As you say probably luck, though the pikeys camped alongside the fence didn't help his humour… My objective was the foundry but a little bird tells me that's been demo'd now which is a real shame; did manage to see inside one of the sheds though.
(#14)
Old

Default 14-05-2012, 20:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfism View Post
My objective was the foundry but a little bird tells me that's been demo'd now which is a real shame; did manage to see inside one of the sheds though.
The foundry was demo'd last year, there is a report on here of it somewhere.