NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page Alexandra House Offices, St Helens (September 2011) Pic heavy!
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Alexandra House Offices, St Helens (September 2011) Pic heavy!
(#1)
Old

Default Alexandra House Offices, St Helens (September 2011) Pic heavy! - 02-10-2011, 23:51

This building was built in 1965 and used to be offices for Pilkington Glass. It is located close to their head office. The last company who occupied it were Greater Merseyside Connexions Partnership Ltd, which provides information, advice and guidance for all young people aged 13 to 19 and supports them in planning for the future.

The building is now extremely trashed, all offices are empty, and the whole place has been stripped of copper wire.

Sorry for the bad phone pics, I thought my Sony Ericsson K800i's 3.2 MP camera would have been good enough, I've taken amazing pics with it in the past.

It's unbelievable how echoy this room is.

I got into the basement which consisted of two large rooms, an archives room and a small storage room.

Shelving in the archives room.

Shelving in another room.

The small storage room.

Entrance to a long passage with pipes.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by BassBooster; 02-10-2011 at 23:54.
(#2)
Old

Default 03-10-2011, 00:42

Nice one on getting out there and getting a report up.

Fairly trashed in there!

Think about getting or borrowing a tripod and camera if you're making a habbit of exploring and introduce yourself in the new members bit so we know who you are
(#3)
Old

Default 03-10-2011, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban View Post
Nice one on getting out there and getting a report up.

Fairly trashed in there!

Think about getting or borrowing a tripod and camera if you're making a habbit of exploring and introduce yourself in the new members bit so we know who you are
I normally take my proper camera when I explore places, but I didn't intend on exploring this place that day. So I used my phone instead.

I posted another report here, but I forgot to resize my pics before posting them up.
(#4)
Old
is a 'member'

Default 03-10-2011, 21:51

Nice explore. Did you do the warehouse next door? I was going to set up a Go Kart track in there, but the building got to trashed for us to afford to repair it. Also St.Helens council were useless in helping us.

Never been in Alexandria House though. Cool to see

"Try again.......Fail again.......Fail Better!".............Samual Beckett.....
(#5)
Old

Default 04-10-2011, 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom83 View Post
Nice explore. Did you do the warehouse next door? I was going to set up a Go Kart track in there, but the building got to trashed for us to afford to repair it. Also St.Helens council were useless in helping us.

Never been in Alexandria House though. Cool to see
No I didn't check the warehouse. Is it this one on the main road?

If it's that one you meant, I did look at it but I could see lights inside, I didn't think it was abandoned.

A go kart track would have been cool, was the intention to open it to the public?
(#6)
Old
is a 'member'

Default 05-10-2011, 00:49

Yeah thats the one. Im amazed there where lights on inside, it was destroyed, every bulb was broken and there was no electricity to the building.

Although there were kids building skate board ramps in there when we were doing our noise tests.

Im suprised it hasnt been burned down.

Yeah we would have opened up to the public, it was a good size building, so a decent track would have been built on 2 levels.

But the council was useless.

(#7)
Old

Default 06-10-2011, 00:46

You were right Tom about the warehouse not having lights on, it was another warehouse I'd seen occupied. I got inside that warehouse today and took some pics. It was much more modernised inside than I was expecting (unfortunately, modern offices added etc - I prefer to see originality from when the building was constructed, gives more of an eerie feel), and not as trashed inside as I was expecting either (which is good). I will post my pics shortly.
(#8)
Old
is a 'member'

Default 07-10-2011, 21:54

Was the track still in places around the 2 doors from our noise testing, have a look at my Go Karting meet thread for a short video.

(#9)
Old

Default 09-10-2011, 12:11

Cool videos! There was no evidence of the track left, but the fire extinguishers were still dotted around. There was a skateboard ramp that you'd probably seen at the time.

Last edited by BassBooster; 09-10-2011 at 12:32.
(#10)
Old

Default 09-10-2011, 13:00

Tom, see pics of the warehouse here.

Last edited by BassBooster; 09-10-2011 at 13:29.