NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: Supercharger 'A', Manchester - May 2010.
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ARCHIVE: Supercharger 'A', Manchester - May 2010.
(#1)
Old
admin

Arrow ARCHIVE: Supercharger 'A', Manchester - May 2010. - 08-05-2010, 13:17

Supercharger 'A' - Visited by Ojay.

Decided on some more Drain0r action tonight having donned my waders to take a look at some more of Mancs drains.

After finding somewhere to safely leave the car just outside the Ghetto we headed over to the infall. Wadering through the hood surrounded by some of Manchesters more un-desirable characters I finally climbed down through the nettles and into the drain, made somewhat difficult due to the amount of fallen trees and fly-tipping that has ocurred here of late.

Once inside I walked about 150 yards up the brick tunnel

before I came to this concrete chamber with an overflow section to the right. It had some interesting wooden barriers, but appeared OTT considering the size of the pipe flowing into it.

Anyway continuing up the drain for around another 200 yards, eventually I could see daylight, or rather nightlight

I was now at the end of Supercharger 'A'. At this point the Brook flows downstream under a short bridge

Before continuing to the infall of Supercharger 'B', which I had previously visited back in March

Looking under the bridge at the outfall of 'A'

Here is the infall to 'B' which sadly I didn't get as far as last time due to bad air or gases which forced me to retreat.

This section is quite interesting as it is initially constructed of a short trapezoid like concrete box section which curves round and leads into a low stone archway before reaching the 'Falls' that I didn't get to see on my last visit in here.

Top of 'Falls'

This was very slippy and comedy moments ensued as I nearly went head first into the section below trying to get a shot of the 'Falls'.

'Falls'

All in all a good little mooch, and glad to get back and see the remainder of Supercharger 'B' that I missed last time completing the set.

Thanks for looking

....Take pictures and leave ONLY