Rest of the World Sites outside the UK.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE: Sleepless in Seattle (day 3) - March 09
(#1)
Old
Utility Company Rep.

Arrow ARCHIVE: Sleepless in Seattle (day 3) - March 09 - 03-04-2009, 03:37

Hello again,

this feels like a travel blog now! As I've been having trouble sleeping it has left me with much time at the computer while I wait for my brother to wake. So trawling the internet for Seattle freeway stuff I find this amazing shot by Matt Finnish on Flickr.

It is part of a set http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattfin...7608132092647/. One of them has the intriguing tag line "offramp with no destination in Seattle's Montlake area". Now this reminds me of the never built junctions off Mancunian Way, which I've always been fascinated with, so I continue to search Montlake and check out the satellite images only to find this >>

Expressing your love via the aerial surveillance bots is one crazy romantic gesture that I sort of understand. Obviously we had to go there, but first we had to find the other fallout shelter referenced in last post.

entrance

vent shaft

There was definitely no easy way in and having got caught out in Gdansk and ridden my luck I am currently pretty risk averse when in foreign climbs. Then it was on to the freeway ramps.

datestone for incomplete project

access

words

heart

damp place, it's just like being at home.

We then mooched back into town for some art galleries, they are free on first Thursdays, so that was a bit of luck. Good bit of public underground action to be had from the guided electric bus subway, never seen one before!

bugging the driver

mouth of the tunnel

station roof

And finally, to continue the 'pigs on wheels' series. Another female cop , this time on some weird tricycle version of a Segway! I crept up behind her while she was dealing with a parking violation.

That's it. Grain silo tomorrow....

Peace
NMB

photos here too
Closed Thread