NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page Lewis’ Building / Primark, Manchester – October 2010
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Lewis’ Building / Primark, Manchester – October 2010
(#1)
Old

Default Lewis’ Building / Primark, Manchester – October 2010 - 10-10-2010, 07:32

With the talk of OneByOne back at home he met up with Sui and drove over to my flat, It didn’t start to well as the night before my Olympus had broken. This meant I was using a borrowed D70 which was pretty shite and half way through the night turned out to have a dirty sensor when I wanted to take some pictures. Only 22 days till my camera comes back...

We went out in search of hotels and after a short run up some stairs after setting an alarm off we gave up, After a brief stop at the Spar we were then sat infront of the Primark sign on their rooftop. As things played out we found more than what we bargained for such as the ballroom which I thought was a myth.

The Manchester Lewis’ store closed its doors in 1991 leaving only the Liverpool store open, This itself has now ceased selling as of this year. The Liverpool store was first opened in 1856 as a Men/Boys clothing store, 21 years later the Manchester store was also opened.

After the 1996 Manchester bombing in Manchester, space in Lewis's was rented to Marks & Spencer which they moved into in 1999. A few years after this the shop were losing money and in a final attempt to revive itself TK Maxx were invited to trade from the basement floor. The Manchester branch eventually closed in 2001 and is now owned by Primark.

The company Engineered Building Services are currently removing the vast amount of asbestos from the building, Many of our routes were blocked while wandering around inside because of this. They are also fitting lighting, alarm systems, wiring and telephone cables into the 7,500sq ft of space on the top three floors. This work is budgeted at £1.1 million with a time span of 20 weeks...

Big up OneByOne & Sui my partners in crime, it was good to see them again. Cheers Gone...
(#2)
Old
Utility Company Rep.

Default 10-10-2010, 14:28

Splendid work.

photos here too
(#3)
Old

Default 10-10-2010, 15:37

noice
(#4)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 10-10-2010, 15:40

Quality as always

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast
(#5)
Old

Default 10-10-2010, 19:07

Wow nice one !
(#6)
Old
bricks not braps

Default 11-10-2010, 19:15

sweet pics mate nice explore
(#7)
Old
Junglist

Default 13-10-2010, 23:01

Haha big up

M38 REP
(#8)
Old
cool as cobs.

Default 14-10-2010, 18:02

That ballroom is superb.

Me Flickr | Ma webshite
"The worse outcome would be it turning into a 450D - my groaning "noooooooo" will echo over Manchester, causing cotton spinning oasis lovers to spit out their chip barm's." - Thompski 2009
(#9)
Old
Junglist

Default 14-10-2010, 18:54

I wanted to hit this the other night but the guys in white suits launching shit off the roof put me off a bit..haha

M38 REP
(#10)
Old

Default 22-10-2010, 17:54

cool

Believing in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without there motives being questioned