NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page Huncoat coat power station.My first explore.
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

(#11)
Old
Junglist

Default 20-02-2011, 13:57

Sweet graff

M38 REP
(#12)
Old
Administrator

Default 20-02-2011, 17:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn34ks View Post
Thanks for the comments anyone got any other easy explores around Preston? really getting into this.
Not many 'easy' explores around Preston, not that many full stop. Vernon Carus, Whittingham, St.Josephs orphanage spring to mind. You really need to use the search button and do a search on all the local towns, then go and have a mooch round.
(#13)
Old

Default 21-02-2011, 02:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
Not many 'easy' explores around Preston, not that many full stop. Vernon Carus, Whittingham, St.Josephs orphanage spring to mind. You really need to use the search button and do a search on all the local towns, then go and have a mooch round.
would love to go to Whittingham but ive heard its really dangerous and i dont have a clue what to look out for hahah
(#14)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 21-02-2011, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn34ks View Post
would love to go to Whittingham but ive heard its really dangerous and i dont have a clue what to look out for hahah
Big holes i the floors, just take your time when your walking about. Some floors are dangerous but the majority of the ground floor are fairly ok.

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast
(#15)
Old

Default 21-02-2011, 12:20

looks absolutely fooked that place!
(#16)
Old

Default 21-02-2011, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
Big holes i the floors, just take your time when your walking about. Some floors are dangerous but the majority of the ground floor are fairly ok.
right so if i stay on the ground floors it jus basically looking out for the obvious?What time of day would be best do u think?
(#17)
Old
Administrator

Default 22-02-2011, 01:34

Thread moved to the right section. Read the faq sn34ks put your reports in the correct section and dont ask too much about access time etc you wont get any quick easy answers. Use the search box for Whittingham and youll soon gauge the best times to go areas to visit/avoid etc. The answers are here you just have to look - this is the 2nd time youve been told. http://nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8793

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
Hi, welcome to NWEX!

Before I close the thread, I'll refer you to the Forum rules (which you should have been directed to when you joined), specifically, no. 7 and no. 14,

7. Please DO NOT start asking for access details to sites OR places to explore, either on the boards or by PM, they are not given out readily to new/unknown members, get some reports of your own up, meet some people, DO SOME RESEARCH.

14. DO NOT join to ask for locations to explore, we are NOT nursemaids, try using the SEARCH button, or GOOGLE to find locations. posts such as "please can you tell me where..." or "I'm new and want to find places to explore" are NOT acceptable and will more than likely end up in a flaming, SO save yourself the hassle and DON'T ASK!!

Thread closed.

Last edited by tristanjay; 22-02-2011 at 01:38.
(#18)
Old

Default 22-02-2011, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthMancBeds View Post
Huncoat. Fine building, it's in a sorry state now. It was designed by Manchester architects Cruickshank and Seward in 1954 as was the rest of Padiham B, now demolished. They also designed a power station in Mexico in a very similar language. Good first workout. Keep it up.

peace
NMB
I was about to ask about the history of the place, Cruickshank and Seward dont exist anymore i dont think, i read something about them somewhere, they did the RITZ on whitworth street too.

Nice pics by the way.

Believing in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without there motives being questioned
(#19)
Old
Utility Company Rep.

Default 22-02-2011, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigy View Post
I was about to ask about the history of the place, Cruickshank and Seward dont exist anymore i dont think, i read something about them somewhere, they did the RITZ on whitworth street too.

Nice pics by the way.
They were bought out by Fairhurst Design Group in 2007. They did the Ritz in the 1920s and most of the UMIST campus in the 1960s.

photos here too
(#20)
Old

Default 27-02-2011, 17:24

Huncoat Power Station site was going to be the countries next "Theme" park, it all ended in tears