NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page All Souls Church, Bolton, Aug 2010
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

All Souls Church, Bolton, Aug 2010
(#1)
Old
Im trying my best

Arrow All Souls Church, Bolton, Aug 2010 - 09-08-2010, 14:06

All Souls Church, Bolton, Aug 2010.

I have had this place on my to do list for a while, Due to some low life scum stealing the lead off the roof (Bastards) it gave me the opportunity to have a word with the roofers who gladly let me have a little mooch, Sadly I could not get any shots of inside the bell tower as they said it was in a very bad condition, OK here’s a bit of history about the place, All Souls Church was designed by Paley and Austin and built in 1878-81. Paley and Austin were one of the most prolific church architects, designing some of the most impressive Gothic Revival churches. All Souls was paid for by the Greenhalgh brothers, who were mill owners with a strong evangelical faith. The church was designed to seat about 800 worshippers, all of whom would have had an excellent view due to the lack of columns. The church was designed so that the congregation were able to hear the sermon clearly. All Souls was closed. In 1986 the church was vested in the Churches Conservation Trust, who look after historic churches no longer needed for worship. After consultation with the local community the following proposals have been made for the re-development of the All Souls Church to provide a pioneering, state of the art community centre: For more info about the church visit www.allsoulsbolton.org.uk Sadly I could not get any shots of inside the bell tower.

Thanks for looking, Hope you like it.

More Tea vicar
(#2)
Old
Just say NO

Default 09-08-2010, 15:11

Very nice work!

"WTF FOOKITY FOOK" - AndyJ 2010
(#3)
Old
bricks not braps

Default 09-08-2010, 17:12

Nice report iv wanted to see in there for ages there is a plaque on that church that says something like this church will always be here for if its needed for worship again.its such a shame and i hate driving past here the building next door that was possibly a sunday school is some islamic community center.I hope they just leave it as it is empty.