NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > High Places
Reload this Page Rivington pike. feb 2010
High Places Cranes, Rooftops, Chimneys, Towers, Masts, Silos etc.

(#31)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 28-06-2010, 23:58

that google link doesnt work, paste this into googles map search - 53.615868,-2.536447

Visit my blog NOW - www.dspexplores.com
(#32)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 29-06-2010, 17:23

cheers for that reddood thats some good info. i think the one with coordinates might be capped im pretty sure i think ive seen what looks like its a filled in hole but i could be wrong it still very worth taking a look.
there's one a bit further down near wilderswood that also looks like a capped hole. but on the shooting range there is a small cave/mine on there that's still accessible.

i think another trip up rivington is calling very soon, let some of this water dry up for a few days.
(#33)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 08-08-2010, 14:10

I was walking the dog up rivi about 2 weeks ago and decided to have a quick look to see if i could see anything mine related. I found the 2 capped ones plus a flooded one all roughly within about 500 meters ish around here 53.626597,-2.537123. but couldn't find anything of the other you mention redood. There are what looks like the remains of small stone buildings around that area as well that i used to assume would of just be used for sheep or shepherds. But now makes me think if they could of been used by the miners as temporary shelters instead of walking back down in bad weather.

I did find this as well which im not quite sure of what it is 53.624873,-2.541661.

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast
(#34)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 08-08-2010, 15:12

I've replied to your PM, but i would have to go and have a look for my self to be sure what is where. it's a long time since i've been out and about around there.

Visit my blog NOW - www.dspexplores.com
(#35)
Old
toecutter

Default 24-08-2010, 12:41

Exellent pics on top of beacon' always wondered what was inside!
The toecutter has been inside pidgeon tower many years ago, the door was secured by an ancient padlock that funnily enough was the very same as one that i had.
Twas easy to replace and gave me access for many months over winter,
once inside you climb a spiral stone staircase into the second floor room that was brim full of old school desks and chairs, i would carry these to the top floor where the is an enormous fire place!
It was lovely and cosy lookin out through the long gone leaded windows on the peasants bellow'' until the firewood ran out and my lock was replaced by the authority that were the carers for this daunting place.
The acces is a little more secure these days, but not impossible'' suffice to say i may have the urge to re-kindle my memories inside.
Where there's a will' toecutter will show the way...

Big howdy to all moochers and searchers!!!
(#36)
Old

Default 10-11-2010, 13:51

Amazing job This has been on my "to do" list for to long. Any sign of the cellar in there?
(#37)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 10-11-2010, 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Village-Idiot View Post
Amazing job This has been on my "to do" list for to long. Any sign of the cellar in there?
No but there that much rubble in the bottom you would have to dig about. We was on it again last week end i was looking in from the top but i don't really fancy getting inside it it would be pretty tricky getting out.

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast
(#38)
Old
Junglist

Default 10-11-2010, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by toecutter View Post
Exellent pics on top of beacon' always wondered what was inside!
..the door was secured by an ancient padlock that funnily enough was the very same as one that i had.

hahahahahahaha amazing.

M38 REP
(#39)
Old

Default 10-11-2010, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
No but there that much rubble in the bottom you would have to dig about. We was on it again last week end i was looking in from the top but i don't really fancy getting inside it it would be pretty tricky getting out.
Im so glad it got posted up, you wouldn't believe how close I've been to taking my rope up there. It always looked like a tree was growing out of the top of it or something on google earth.

At least the spectre horseman didn't come
(#40)
Old

Default 10-01-2011, 12:53

Brilliant stuff. Always fancied a look in myself. How did you manage it? Ladders?

Re: the pigeon tower, it has been legit unlocked at periods in the last 20 years.