NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page Cutacre Opencast - Little hulton - 22/8/10
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

(#11)
Old

Default 23-08-2010, 21:32

Yeah was a good afternoon out! And the guy that showed us round was ace, proper friendly chap!

Just to add a few of my pics..

buddah, carabeener , Reddood and 2 non members.

buddah

carabeener

Big turbo

Last edited by Blino; 23-08-2010 at 21:37.
(#12)
Old
Administrator

Default 23-08-2010, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddood View Post
maybe.. i tried google maps, but it doesn't show the place on the maps, but it does show the entrance on the street view, so i just googled the name and the came up.

i didn't see any open old workings, but i didn't really know where i should be looking for them, so i could well of just missed them.

You cheeky twat, passing my images off as your own - you've even had the audacity to even put your copyright on one of them. Not impressed at all!!

I await your reply!!!

Egregious!
(#13)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 23-08-2010, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
You cheeky twat, passing my images off as your own - you've even had the audacity to even put your copyright on one of them. Not impressed at all!!

I await your reply!!!

WHOA..
I put the the first post/report they wern't mine, i batch resized for hosting, i missed removing the (C) one one of them, which is added automatically

apologies!

had no idea they were yours, they came off a chinese website about opencastmining

Visit my blog NOW - www.dspexplores.com
(#14)
Old
Owd Cocker

Default 23-08-2010, 22:29

They sell those aerials at the Chinese chipshop in Tyldesley, or they're free with salt and pepper ribs. The owner said they were taken by I Fook Morrisey

Coal Not Dole
(#15)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 23-08-2010, 23:03

Quote:
How come when i click on the Exif it states Copyright of Redood!!!??
cos the batch resize strips the exif data, compressors for web hosting, frames and adds a (c) logo and digital watermark.

i've removed the pictures for you, but i was in no way trying to pass them off as my own, I said in the OP they wern't mine, and they did come off a chinese site which i have PM'd you a link to.

I'm not in the habbit of trying to pass others work off as my own, if i want to use anyones pictures i ask for permision as i'm sure ed can vouch for, that is presuming there is some indication on the picture who it belongs to, either digitally or visually!

Theres plenty of people on here who post others peoples pictures and say nothing, as said, i had no idea who the pictures belong to, if i had, i would of asked. And at the risk of offending you further, if there was a problem (as clearly there is) you could of just PM'd me and i would of happyly removed them (as i have)

(#16)
Old
Owd Cocker

Default 23-08-2010, 23:13

Calm down everybody, anyone would think we are professionals making millions from our snaps, which is all they are when it boils down to it

Coal Not Dole
(#17)
Old
Administrator

Default 23-08-2010, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddood View Post
cos the batch resize strips the exif data, compressors for web hosting, frames and adds a (c) logo and digital watermark.

i've removed the pictures for you, but i was in no way trying to pass them off as my own, I said in the OP they wern't mine, and they did come off a chinese site which i have PM'd you a link to.

I'm not in the habbit of trying to pass others work off as my own, if i want to use anyones pictures i ask for permision as i'm sure ed can vouch for, that is presuming there is some indication on the picture who it belongs to, either digitally or visually!

Theres plenty of people on here who post others peoples pictures and say nothing, as said, i had no idea who the pictures belong to, if i had, i would of asked. And at the risk of offending you further, if there was a problem (as clearly there is) you could of just PM'd me and i would of happyly removed them (as i have)
Quote:
obviously the over head pictures arnt mine, they were found on google
I will ask you again what about this one then? is this one an overhead shot as well!

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
and at the risk of offending you further, if there was a problem (as clearly there is)
I don't have a problem with people using my images as one member on this site is using a few in his new book (with pernission). What i do have a problem with is the blatant passing off of someone elses work as your own.
You are a flickr member, why not send a message to the person?

Whatever you say in defence it doesn't look good, you are in the wrong and have been found out, end of....

PS, if you had done a search on nwex you could have just robbed the whole reports!!

http://nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7...hlight=cutacre
http://nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6...hlight=cutacre
http://nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3...hlight=cutacre
http://nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3...hlight=cutacre
http://nwex.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2...hlight=cutacre

There's more if you look.

Egregious!
(#18)
Old
bricks not braps

Default 24-08-2010, 00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalboard View Post
They sell those aerials at the Chinese chipshop in Tyldesley, or they're free with salt and pepper ribs. The owner said they were taken by I Fook Morrisey
cb that tickled me
(#19)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 24-08-2010, 00:01

Quote:
I don't have a problem with people using my images as one member on this site is using a few in his new book (with pernission). What i do have a problem with is the blatant passing off of someone elses work as your own.
as i've said, i wasn't trying to pass them off as my own. we're clearly going to have to agree to disagree.

this is the PS script that i use, which will explane the exif - http://www.photography-forum.org/sho...pt-version-7.0

and i did go to the effort of removing the (c) afterwards, appoliges again for missing one.