NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page Heyrod Cottage Manchester 1512
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Heyrod Cottage Manchester 1512
(#1)
Old

Default Heyrod Cottage Manchester 1512 - 27-05-2012, 19:36

Heyrod Cottage, Manchester. May 2012.

I found this place a couple of years back but lost the images while trying to learn lightroom. Today, I had been photographing a demolished cooling tower that had belonged to the Hartshead Power Station and remembered the featured cottage.
So I went back to find it pretty much as it was – trashed after a fire but looking like it had just been left! I could find no history of the fire. The building is in woodland and very much hidden away. The biggest surprise was a tent in the garden – it looked like it had been there for a long time so, out of curiosity – I tried to look inside. Low and behold – there was a body in it! It said ‘Hello’ in a disgruntled tone so I apologised and went back to the main building.
The upper floors weren’t accessible due to the lack of stairs and my will to remain uninjured.
Enjoy!

External shot.

Sorry dear, the tea’s a bit burnt!

Back door and toilet:

Separate building with Grafitti.

Entertainment!
(#2)
Old
" get oif mioy laand"

Default 28-05-2012, 07:03

the guy in the tent has been "camping " around the area for some time he used to pitch up near whats left off the old railway warehouse but got to much attention from some of the local yoofs .

sounds like hes gota quieter spot now

"all for one and phuq the rest "!

"paddle faster i hear banjos"