NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page Abandoned Mansion
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Closed Thread

Abandoned Mansion
(#1)
Old
Night Explorer

Arrow Abandoned Mansion - 14-01-2009, 12:42

Few miles from my house.
This is the only picture I have got of this place and it took awhile to get. I also can;t go back for awhile because it's on quite high profile at the moment because of two recent fire at the back of the house.

It is huge though. at the front the is 9 rooms. 5 on the ground floor 4 on the second floor. and the 3rd floor has been burnt quite badly from burn damage but you can still get on the roof but not from the stairs. The house is very deep also, there is 2 kitchens another few lounges at the back, several bathrooms in cleaning a Jacuzzi and a beady.

I have recently found out the history of this house and here it is. It makes me laugh every time.

The owner who is is rich but having money troubles moved to tenerife abandoning his mansion, he did this because the council wanted to build a road through his house, he thought if he just abandoned his house and left the country they would knock his house down and build the road through it, he would return 5 years later and sue for council for millions for destroying his house that he had abandoned. anyway. 5-10 years later the house is still stood and the road runs about 20 meters behind his house.

This is an amazing place and I will return soon for more pics.
Closed Thread