NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > High Places
Reload this Page Rivington pike. feb 2010
High Places Cranes, Rooftops, Chimneys, Towers, Masts, Silos etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#11)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 28-06-2010, 20:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
hello, didn't really want to open a new thread on this one cc has covered the history and your fairly limited on the pics you can get from it. but that said it did have fantastic views. visited with blino always wondered what it was like on top of there.

i would like to have a look a look at the cellar although i couldn't see any sign of it.

i was also lucky enough to be let inside the pigeon tower by a local ranger about 10 to 15 years ago it would be good to have another look inside.
if you stand in front of that, looking towards the Dovecote tower (pigeon tower) about 800mtrs to your right, there is an entrance / vent shaft to a mine, walk about 50mtrs and there is another, both have now been capped though, BUT, if you walk a bit further (well a lot further) to the edge of the hill in the undergroth, there is a big gaping entrance, never had the balls to go in though.

i would think dovecote is pretty much the same as it was when you last looked, with the sewing room now having a chair in it, the floor was replaced a few years ago

Visit my blog NOW - www.dspexplores.com