NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: Cathedral Steps - Revisted, Feb 09 Report
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE: Cathedral Steps - Revisted, Feb 09 Report
(#1)
Old
Junglist

Arrow ARCHIVE: Cathedral Steps - Revisted, Feb 09 Report - 12-02-2009, 23:28

Took SkyDiver, The Copy Cat, Flower, Manx Centor and Chewy down for a trip to the steps.

Ended up, Myself, SkyDiver, CopyCat and Flower. Those who have been will understand the difficulties associated with this place, which in the end led to two abandoning. Well done though guys, Nice to meet you both!

This for me was more to try and get some better photos. I love the place, but, up to now, I dont love my photos. I have recently got myself a decent camera, so, following Mr Jobs's instructions, I set out to take shit loads of photos. I got a couple of nice ones, Which I felt I would share. Let me know what you think, and if they are any improvement on the last lot, Played about with some settings, Ive still not clocked it yet though.

Got my hands on Digital Photography MasterClass today at my work, "the book people" came in. Its a huge book, only £6 took. Propa bargain.

Heres my pictures anyway.

Playing with exposures on timer

Love this shot, Cheers everyone for helping me with this one.

CopyCat showing thickness of door.

Dimmer

M38 REP

Last edited by sneak; 12-02-2009 at 23:30.
(#2)
Old
Skydiver

Default 19-03-2009, 12:40

Arriving late as usual but figured I'd cross post my report from 28DL into here

Well this was certainly an interesting place to get to, not for the faint hearted doesn't even begin to describe it!

The place once inside is immense; though not in the same way as that first room in the Junction, this sprawls - people can head off in seemingly different directions only to end up in the same room eventually - at first I was worried about getting lost in here but after mooching around for a bit it's not hard to get your head around the layout (even with my poor sense of direction head on)

There's so many little bits and pieces in here, though I don't think it's somewhere I could spend all day (especially not with the pathogenic-looking mould around) a good few hours is needed to appreciate it all - especially when taking pictures too.

Unfortunately many of my pictures have blurred parts as I only noticed half way through that I had a wet mark on the lens :( but here are some of them with and without the added blur.

First stop of course was the Gents

Ooops, there's that blur!

The 'very safe' stairs...

Some pretty cool stalactites

The nasty mould seems to keep it's distance from the glove...

Ceiling shackles.. I couldn't help but imagine these were some sort of punishment device whereby people were hung from them by their wrists or ankles... I think they were actually for holding cables up but that's not nearly as interesting.

The pained wall-face

Hey! Orangeade...

Roots
Closed Thread