NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Asylums & Hospitals
Reload this Page ARCHIVE - Whittingham Hospital - 16.09.08
Asylums & Hospitals Pretty self explanatory this one.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE - Whittingham Hospital - 16.09.08
(#1)
Old
Hello Daaave

Default ARCHIVE - Whittingham Hospital - 16.09.08 - 21-09-2008, 20:37

Date: 16/09/08
Explorers: Stoka & Over

Well we started off by getting through the new layer of harras fencing which surrounds the site and spotting security inside the per miter driving round. I thought they had spotted us as they pulled up at the front of Cameron house and one of them started to walk towards us. A quick drop into the tunnels we darted over to the boiler house.

Inside, we were almost trapped. A climb out through a missing skylight gave us our freedom again, only to spot security and builders’ roaming the site in JCB’s and vans.

We made a dash round to the school and followed the wall until we came to the first access point. Needless to say, it’s slightly more difficult than it was originally. The moment we stepped into the buildings, Over spotted two guys wandering the site with what looked like weed-killer sprayers on their backs. They hung around for a while but soon disappeared.

I decided that we should work our way round, seeing every bit possible. We did so in turn yet missed the record storage in admin and a couple of wards.

So after 9hrs, 700+ pics, we made our exit which was remarkably easy. It seems dog-walkers regained the site and started to wander round despite the new fencing.

During a walk round the site yesterday, expecting it to be quiet I got round to the rear of super-intendants and noticed fresh foot paths in the grass and two gaping holes in the fence. All of a sudden, fireworks started bouncing down one of the corridors and then noise of running feet started coming towards me & the hole in the fence. Needless to say, the police were soon on site

(#2)
Old
Hello Daaave

Default 21-09-2008, 20:37

(#3)
Old
Hello Daaave

Default 21-09-2008, 21:08

Thanks folks!

And how could I forget this one, from what was a great find by Over, access to the roof of a lift shaft. My crap attempt at a pano;

Closed Thread