NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Military Sites
Reload this Page Anti – aircraft operations room Manchester 05-10
Military Sites Bunkers, Pillboxes, Forts, Airfields and all ROC & cold war related stuff goes here.

(#11)
Old

Default 28-05-2010, 17:17

Frodsham AAOR is one of the most intact AAOR's still standing, but is however up for sale AFAIK. Its last use was as a training/lecture room for Cheshire County Council. I have a had a couple of guided tours by the emergency planning officer, who was a very interesting chap, having info of all the local Government office bunkers.
There are still a few remaining pointers to its former use, such as original room names on the doors and the original forced air system is still in place. Even the original Arials were still standing in the mid eighties.
but mainly it is (was two years ago) full of redundant council office equipment.........

(#12)
Old

Default 30-05-2010, 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I think I recall R1 saying something about the Frodsham one being a recording studio for K-Class?
That was in Borras in North Wales. A Disused ROC Bunker.
(#13)
Old

Default 02-06-2010, 14:26

Interesting, I ve driven past those gates 100s of time and often wondered what it was, now I no I might take a little trip down there have a buchers at these welded up doors, see what I can do

Believing in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without there motives being questioned
(#14)
Old
Junglist

Default 03-06-2010, 11:54

Welds on those doors are like fuckin hard chewing gum after closer inspection. lol!

M38 REP
(#15)
Old

Default 01-07-2010, 07:49

Interesting looking place!!
Who let the dogs out
(#16)
Old

Default Who let the dogs out - 28-07-2010, 09:39

I have been going passed these gates most days for the last 7 years. I am sure a few years back there were public footpath signs outside and you could enter via the small gate to the left of the main gate. Then walk around the perimeter along the route of Leigh Road. All was well sign posted inside.

Now the signs are gone. The gates have heavy padlocks on them and at one point a few months back there were signs Beware of dogs and the area is patrolled etc.

I have walked in here many a time down to the lake but never actually to there AAOR. Maybe worth a walk some day.

Lived in the are a long time and only recently found out what's in there. FUNNY.

If it can F#ck up it will !
(#17)
Old

Default 24-03-2011, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid View Post
Frodsham has one also.
Fully re-furbished too...

Just seen this, I've chilled on the roof of that many a time. Infact I think I was there when the throw up was done on the side of the place.
(#18)
Old

Default 24-03-2011, 23:29

Some good pictures there. There was a period back in 2007 when the doors were insecure for about 6 months. I got a good look round then - unfortunately, local chavs had gone in and completely trashed the toilets. The watermain was still on which resulted in the whole building flooding from the 1st floor down to the ground floor. There was a lot of trash from its ultimate days as a shooting club with paper targets strewn all over the place. Also, a room full of floor to ceiling cabinet safes which were used to keep the firearms secure.
(#19)
Old

Default 04-11-2011, 00:39

is that picy of the gate near the college afta the roundabout think ive seen it?
(#20)
Old
Flaccid Member

Default 06-11-2011, 18:16

If anyone of you lot are ever planning a trip to this one give me a shout been here loads but never been in its really welded shut!