NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Heritage and non Urbex
Reload this Page Chester's military museum. Chester.
Heritage and non Urbex Non urbex related reports and places,
but still interesting and photogenic nonetheless!

Chester's military museum. Chester.
(#1)
Old

Arrow Chester's military museum. Chester. - 06-08-2010, 20:00

You know how it is, you live next door to something and you never go there. Well I had a few hours to kill so I thought I'd pull my finger out and go have a look at Chester's military museum. Nice little place that not enough people know about, the locals I play poker with said after I'd told them "just been to the military museum", "What military museum? Didn't know Chester had one!".

Info:

The 22nd Cheshire Regiment where active from 1689-2007; size, one battalion; type, infantry; role, light infantry.

Loads more info.
http://www.cheshiremilitarymuseum.co.uk/Default.aspx

Photos

Thanks for looking.
(#2)
Old

Default 06-08-2010, 21:27

I love this place, did you have a good look through the drawer upon drawer of medals in the first room? Lots of VC's in evidence!

As for the Cheshires, they are now 1st Battallion [Cheshire] Mercian Regiment, and are currently deployed in Afghanistan. As they are such a small company their numbers have been increased with Gurkha. So far they have lost men into the double figures, and about a third have already been injured, most critically. And they are a very young regiment with the average age probably being about 20.

They are due home in November and will be parading through 3 cheshire towns, the third and final being my home town of Congleton. ALL cheshires will be there even if they are in a wheelchair. The parade date being 10th November, lateish in the afternoon, no confirmed time yet.

I will do my best to be home for it, but I expect as many of you to make it as possible too. The cheshires are currently stationed in what is considered the worst part of Helmand province. And they are fighting hard.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
(#3)
Old

Default 06-08-2010, 21:32

I forgot to mention that one of my poker budies is in the Cheshires and is a top bloke.