NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > High Places
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: Bolton Town Hall Clocktower, Bolton, October 09
High Places Cranes, Rooftops, Chimneys, Towers, Masts, Silos etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE: Bolton Town Hall Clocktower, Bolton, October 09
(#1)
Old
Junglist

Arrow ARCHIVE: Bolton Town Hall Clocktower, Bolton, October 09 - 06-10-2009, 21:42

Yes Yes crew am back live kickin..

Visited with Copycat.

Went to Bolton with Copycat, Been after doing this one for a while now. Every dinner time at uni i've been ourside, sitting on the benches, watching the workers come and go, thinking ways to get up to the clock at the top. After a bit of thinking I clocked my access. Right, go away and wait for the right time now. I noticed how dead the centre of town was at night an took advantage. I originally thought to try and do a live infil, but the night option seemed far to appealing to let go...

The place was laden with PIR alarm systems, something I didnt want to be setting off anytime soon. Police station just round the back and regular patrols of the town centre, this wasnt going to be easy. The only way to reach my goal was to do some rather sketchy climbing up about 5 stories on the outside of some scaffold. Then a lot of other dodgy stuff but I'll leave that to your imagination..

Getting past the PIR I was literally laughing to myself, proper buzzin. On I went, higher and higher, heart racing every step of the way.. I reach the top of the tower, clockface infront of me. It stands there, beaming out, about 25ft high. i reached out touched it, loving every second it ticked away. Fred dibnah worked on this thing, Man was a genius, Felt privilaged to be able to stand there and reach out to this beast..

I decided to take a look out over town, only to see 2 police waiting at the bottom of the town hall, on bikes, riding round sketchily looking up and around. Luckily the tower had huge spotlights shining everywhere so they could could see the whole scaffold apart from me hiding on the floor, so they most probably thought I had got off or wasnt there in the first place... I shit myself to say the least. Time to hide and wait it out. after a few more visits, and a little time later, They left. I decided to make quick my exit and got the fook down.

Getting back into Copycats car I felt my mission complete, I was buzzin, seriously, laughing my balls off buzzing. How the hell did I get away with that shit!!

Pics..Didnt get many as I had to use Copycats camera, and I didnt have a friggin clue what I was doing! Enjoy anyway..

Town Hall & Clock tower

Clockface

Buzzin

Bolton

left side

Frontside

Cheers for readin!

M38 REP

Last edited by sneak; 06-10-2009 at 21:50.
Closed Thread