NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page Lafarge Cement - Hope, September 2010
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lafarge Cement - Hope, September 2010
(#1)
Old
nckt

Default Lafarge Cement - Hope, September 2010 - 28-09-2010, 18:26

Went here with HiddenShadow. Thought we'd venture out of Manchester with the lack of things to do, so decided for something big and industrial and also something exciting and live. This ticked the boxes, so off we went.

We ninjad it through trees, hit the freight yard at the back then made our way back round the site looking at the conveyor housing buildings and the main tranport systems, also looking at the stone store warehouses. Due to it being open and some activity and other factors we didn't do the kiln this time, but I'm sure I'll go back for that. The freight, for me, was worth the trip to see. Saw a nice old loco that you don't see a lot of, and some of the pretty Lafarge Livery shunters etc.

All very nice for a decent day out. Shouts to HS for the driving and the company, and for stepping out of his comfort zone and flying blind into such a large site with me.

Pics or GTFO

And a final one from your boy Bill.

The full write up is here

Last edited by nckt; 28-09-2010 at 18:28.