NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page American Adventure - Jan 09
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Closed Thread

American Adventure - Jan 09
(#1)
Old
tell em about the honey

Arrow American Adventure - Jan 09 - 05-01-2009, 02:05

been to t'other side of the pennies today. picked up r kid (the dyb - dirty yorkshire ba*tard) dropped mrs fettler off to play with mrs r kid and r kids baby and headed over for a quick look round the old american adventure site.

drove past what look like some excellent explores (reports when i've been) then arrived at the place. im sure someone has already compared this place to festival park and after visiting i now understand the comparison. it has the same emptynes and eerieness (after dark)

this place closed long ago and has been well and truly pikied. but if you like the old theme park vibe then get yourself down here. entry is a piece of cake even for a couple of big un's (like me and r kid) there are several dome cams on sticks but i guess nobody is watching them, we were in here for a good couple of hours and were not disturbed.

apart from the heads building and the repair sheds there is nothing major here. some of the ride sites are still identifiable, there is a transformer house which still has 1/3 of a tranny in it, the entrance buildings are still there one half pikied out and the other half pretty much untouched. the drop safes are still there and the cash desk is too. nature is just starting to break through the tarmac and flying quacking nature loves the lake.

anywho......

the old entrance

pikies have emptied this long ago

anyone need a pee before we go in?

the well and truly pikied half

the non pikied half. i guess they must have had to get back to whatever it is pikies do before they got here

welcome to american adventure, i hope you enjoy your visit today

safe man, init. the doors on these things are H-E-A-V-Y

climb aboard and get ready for the fun

hold on tight

wrong side of the tracks

lovely

pier 49 is not what it used to be

we're almost at the heads

the reason i made the 200 mile round trip

the only lighting in this is from moonio moonio.

same photo with a few pops of red flash

all in all a cracking little wander. we will be going back here, but earlier next time and i will take more pictures of the rest of the site.

fettler

Flickr
weeman. he might be small, but his sh*t stinks
Closed Thread