NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page In My Sights - July 2010.
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

In My Sights - July 2010.
(#1)
Old
admin

Post In My Sights - July 2010. - 28-07-2010, 02:10

In My Sights - Visited By Ojay & Solo1.

Having first being discovered by Mendoza, and finally recently being visited By Concrete Jungle, I decided to go and take a look for myself as this is practically on my doorstep.

What we have here is essentially a sewer interceptor and a hooj concrete overflow tank about 120ft underground. Infact I have never seen anything as big!!

(APOLOGIES FOR THE PHOTOS - IT WAS SO MISTY & FULL OF POOP PARTICLES THAT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO LIGHT UP FOR ANY DECENT PICCY's). :(

After lifting big liddage we quickly descended down the 25ft slippy ladder, with my 4 gas draped around S.L for extra protection.

Once down we found ourselves slippin' 'n' slidin' on a rather odd landing stage. No railings (SEEMS THE PIKEY's STRIKE AGAIN).

"Easy" says S.L (LOL), get this wrong and it's 80ft drop to sudden death!

Looking across and down through the 'cut out slots' you could get a decent view of the tank, except it was so misty with poop particles that lighting up and getting any decent shots was near on impossible.

Also located here was The Penstock controls for the 2 Penstocks below (ALSO SEE BELOW).

From here it was approx 80ft to the bottom, having climbed down another set of dodgy ladders covered in all manner of grime and toiletries we were now on another landing stage around 40ft from the bottom, this time with railings.

Here I managed to get a pic of the sewers looking below before heading down the final ladder to see what all the fuss was about.

Once down there was some serious flowage from the main trunk sewer through and under the concrete column,

ahead was another sewer intercepting through the 1500 RCP

The flow was controlled by 2 smaller penstocks, the 'closed' one allowing the flow to be diverted into the main overflow tank the other side of the column.

Whilst at the top of the tank you could see the main trunk sewer flowing through the overflow section beyond the column we descended on, as well as a walkway around the perimeter and an inspection gantry suspended from above.

Altough over 80ft down this looked rather grim and as I understand Concrete Jungle didn't manage to make it down on his earlier visit.

The ladders were layered with 'fresh' & fanny plasters, worse still I had no gloves, so down goes Solo1 to light the way, followed by myself.

(Just getting onto the ladders the other side was no mean feat, as we had to swing across the ledge 80ft up with no safety and slippy as fook) - Hell Yeah.

Once down it was death on a stick, over 4 inches in festering shite, get this wrong and you were on a death slide into the 'fresh'

Here you could see the trunk sewers the other side of the concrete column

We then managed to traverse the other side to a set of ladders that were so much so covered in shite, and more lady products that climbing up the 20ft or so to the inspection walkway was jokes.

Once up, it's obvious that there is some serious overflow in here, even tho the photo is SHITE you can still see the sheer amount of toilet goodies draped around the place.

Better still, here is the top of the ladder

Inspection Gantry

Finding the rungs was near on impossible as they were well laid with assorted 'Sewer Fresh' and the biggest collection of fanny plasters I have seen to date!

By the time we got out we were covered in the stuff, the place was grim but yet amazing as the sheer size was like nothing I had seen before.

A return visit with some serious lighting is in order. ANY VOLUNTEERS?........

....Take pictures and leave ONLY

Last edited by Ojay; 28-07-2010 at 02:13.
(#2)
Old
Administrator

Default 28-07-2010, 08:31

Sweet zombie jeebus, that is one festering site that wont be going on the to do list, serious hats off for having the stomach to keep going in that chaps I have a slight urge to want to clean that place it would look sweet then.
(#3)
Old

Default 28-07-2010, 09:57

That place is absolutely hanging. I'm with Tristenjay in not putting this on my list.
(#4)
Old
admin

Default 28-07-2010, 10:36

EDIT:

My drawing skills are gash, but just to illustrate the size of the place, as I didn't manage to get any decent pics of inside the main tank....

The smaller circle with the cut-out slots is the first chamber with the sewers intercepting below, with the penstock controls.

The larger, is the one with the walkway, the fanny plasters and the rest of the shite

(#5)
Old

Default 28-07-2010, 11:20

Ewww! No gloves????? Please tell me that you had some sort of mask?

Please do not adjust your mind, there is a slight problem with reality.
(#6)
Old

Default 28-07-2010, 13:03

yeh i was thinking that, dont all the poop particles go in your mouth, so your eating other peoples shit??
(#7)
Old

Default 28-07-2010, 13:21

Dude you have issues lol that place looks rank!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/urb_edd/

1974 BBC Nuclear Wartime broadcast - "Remember there is nothing to be gained by trying to get away!"
(#8)
Old
admin

Default 28-07-2010, 13:47

LOL, I do have issues, I accidentally in drains

No gloves, no mask, just a 4 gas, torch, camera & tripod.

(#9)
Old

Default 28-07-2010, 14:09

took some serious guts, be interesting to see it more lit up. i hear poo looks good under led lights with a 15 second exposure lol

You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
(#10)
Old
admin

Default 28-07-2010, 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1vate Piles View Post
took some serious guts, be interesting to see it more lit up. i hear poo looks good under led lights with a 15 second exposure lol
Ha Ha it does, just that I couldn't be fooked to get the tripod out down in the bottom of da big tank