NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Industrial & Commercial
Reload this Page Ineos Chlor Tunnels -Runcorn - March 2011 -
Industrial & Commercial Mills, Foundries, Factories, Warehouses, Docks etc.

Ineos Chlor Tunnels -Runcorn - March 2011 -
(#1)
Old
Super Moderator

Arrow Ineos Chlor Tunnels -Runcorn - March 2011 - - 12-03-2011, 14:36

these pipes belong to ineos chlor ,some sort of chemical plant/power station on in runcorn,it now incidently boasts the largest waste incinerator in europe with a 344ft chimney...just for good measure

anyway we didnt explore that but what we did explore were some sort of service tunnels that start in the sandstone rockface on the weston point expressway

we wasnt sure if these were still in use but we decided to go check em out,starting with the top,or the rooftop you could say which give some good views up high across to the main factory...you can neither climb up the ladder like rungs on the side of this but i wouldnt advise it as there slightly rusty take the footpath its easier.

originally i was going to give this my own name and post public but recent events have forced me to go NP....ill tell you later on

visited with kevsy21

standing ontop is almost like hanging over the edge in alton towers on the oblivion ride.....dont look down !

various views from the top

left kevsy/right me

now for the underground stuff

it comes out in one of the main car parks...we didnt venture any further

kevsy21

me and kevsy fancied some day shots before work the day after doing the tunnels

however we spotted this van coming towards us quite fast then went out of sight up the expressway

thinking nowt of it ,we had finished anyway and headed for way out and bk to the car only to be met by a bloke who asked what we was doing,we said we was taking landscape pics...which he came bk with "nahh ive just watched you takling pics of the chemical factory and its not allowed"

he then asked for our details which we refused to give ,on the grounds we wasnt doing anything wrong and also he didnt identify himself ,and the place was wide open to anyone to enter.The van said runcorn site emergency services...that could mean anything.

anyway we walked past him to the car....."shit hang on kev i said he will see us going to the car and get the reg ,swing a left and make it look like we was on foot he will dissapear then"

so we picked up a footpath in weston village and planned to do a loop of the village in the hope that he would be gone by the time we made it round WRONG!

by the time we had got bk he was till there by the cars and i was due in work in less than 20 mins so we said fuck it walk to the cars, get in drive away....he may not take the reg,hes prob only there to make sure we dont go bk in...anyway we got into our cars and drove away.

fast forward 2 days,im in the bath at around 11.20am getting ready for work ,next there was a rather loud knock on the door ,normally i ignore it if im in the bath but there was the knock again only this time rather louder.

i jumps out the bath towel round me and opens the door to be met by 2 blokes asking if i am mr george toohey..."erm yes why" i said to that they replied we are police (CID) we need to speak to you over a matter.

"ok give me a min to get some clothes on and ill be with you" i said

im now bricking it "shit its to do with this power station" was going through my mind.

anyway i lets them in "what can i do for you" i said

"we need to speak to you regarding Ineos Chlor ,was you approached by there security and refused to give details"

"yes i said ,but we wasnt actually on there land we was just taking photos across the mersey"

"thats not a problem mr toohey we just need to clarify that it was you and knowone else, we cant stop you taking pictures or trespassing on there land ,we are here today just to clarify that it was you that was approached ,the main reason being because you refused to give details....and shot off dont worry your not in any trouble".....phew now i felt better.

he also said can you confirm you are a member of 28days and other sites....erm yes i am

also what did you get stopped for outside st michelas golf course a few weeks back...fuck me these guys knew eveything...i explained that the police were called because someone had spotted us shining torches near the houses when we was trying to find the other section of the culvert...ahh right ok thats not a problem.

they asked me to give a brief description of urban exploring (the other CID answered than for him tbh) and how often i done things like this....i never mentioned the ineos tunnels we was in a few nights ago,but they did ask me who climbed the cranes on site of the new incinerator tower.....i dont know who it was i answered lol.

i told them no pictures of the power station will appear online,but they said look we cant stop you just watch where your exploring next time we are happy that you can confirm it was you up there but you could end up in some serious trouble if im not careful....and also to stay safe

with that they left and i phoned kev to let him know he may get a visit

looks like my car reg was taken whilst driving away....i dont think they got yours kev,i left after you so you must have got away lol
(#2)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 12-03-2011, 14:49

nice mooch, glad the police wern't too arsey with you.

Visit my blog NOW - www.dspexplores.com
(#3)
Old
Administrator

Default 12-03-2011, 17:36

Are all chemical works security guards tw@ts? I seem to recall Tarboat having a row with Brunner Mond security when he was taking pictures of their place from outside.
(#4)
Old
Administrator

Default 12-03-2011, 18:50

Often drive past those I just thought they went straight in the ground.
(#5)
Old
Administrator

Default 12-03-2011, 18:58

Great explore, great pics & a great escape !
(#6)
Old
Administrator

Default 12-03-2011, 21:48

I seem to recall someone of here getting busted here a few years back. It's a bit scary that they had so much intel on you!

Egregious!
(#7)
Old
Blackinese

Default 13-03-2011, 09:27

Today's lesson... Don't get caught!

Smoke dope. Worship Satan.
My Manchester
(#8)
Old
the bird is the word

Default 13-03-2011, 10:01

Ha ha fantastic, just read that outloud making Gibbo spit his tea out in a git of laughter. Love hearing your escapades!! I hope the CID went back to the security and told them what for, they were in the wrong not identifying themselves!!

I am a serious fan, I have the kaleidoscope
(#9)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 13-03-2011, 10:11

Good pictures, good story.

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast
(#10)
Old
Professional curmudgeon

Default 13-03-2011, 16:28

I usually get a visit from security when I go up there taking photos, but they have never asked me for my details. On one occasion they did sit and watch me for over an hour whilst I waited for the sunset but they never tried to interfere with what I was doing.