NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Leisure & Other
Reload this Page Stanley House, Alderley Park - Oct 2012
Leisure & Other Religious buildings, Swimming pools, Hotels, Railway related stuff.
Or any other places that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Stanley House, Alderley Park - Oct 2012
(#1)
Old

Default Stanley House, Alderley Park - Oct 2012 - 20-10-2012, 09:21

Decided to be a bit cheeky with this one and parked in the Astra Zenica carpark, put on my high vis waterproofs and walk across while the staff were changing shifts, no one batted an eyelid

Quote:
Alderley Park was a country house in a park of the same name at Nether Alderley, Cheshire, between Macclesfield and Knutsford. It is now an Astrazeneca research facility.
The house was constructed in brick with a stone facade for the 7th Baronet Stanley. Building started in 1818 on a site in the south of the park. The new house grew to a size of sixty bedrooms and six entertaining rooms, of which only one room, with its oak panelling and coats of arms intact, remains. Behind the house a walled garden and a water garden were created and the mill pond enlarged. In 1931, however, the house was severely damaged by fire and left empty for nearly twenty years until converted in 1950 by the ICI chemical group to serve as the headquarters of their new pharmaceutical division. It is currently a research and development campus for Astrazeneca. The gardens and some outbuildings have been preserved and many thousands of trees planted.
This I guess was one of the out buildings and is in brilliant condition with no graff or any vandalism

3________________4

7________________8

10________________11

Cheers for looking
(#2)
Old
Donuts-я-Us

Default 20-10-2012, 15:04

good stuff! I used to do a lot of contract work on the AZ site and never noticed this! A shame I wasn't into exploring at the time because the work got me access to pretty much the whole site including rooftops (the same on the Macc site too)
(#3)
Old

Default 20-10-2012, 22:32

I haven't once looked at the AZ rooftops in Macc and wondered if they were possible
(#4)
Old
Donuts-я-Us

Default 21-10-2012, 14:03

plant room doors are mostly all left unlocked