NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page ARCHIVE: Maeshafn Cave, Mold - September 08
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

Closed Thread

ARCHIVE: Maeshafn Cave, Mold - September 08
(#1)
Old
Uncle_Ben

Arrow ARCHIVE: Maeshafn Cave, Mold - September 08 - 05-10-2008, 23:02

Well I've had a couple of requests to post these pics up so here's just a select few for those that wanted them. I have loads but others wouldnt be really to subject so i;ll keep it relevant.

Firstly, I can find no information as to the name of this cave, or any history for that matter. It's hard to tell if it's man made, as the floor does look like it's been laid in places. It's not a tight squeeze to get in by any means and at the very bottom it's really good standing height and i'm not what you'd call short!

Thanks to a fellow Urbex mate for pointing this place out, I didnt even know it existed! It is just off a very public path in Maeshafn with an ancient forestry commission sign 'no unauthorised entry', but nobody in the right mind would enforce that at night up here!

Here's just a few choice pics for all:

Firstly, you'll see this as the entrance, but probably not in red!

Shortly after you enter, there's a nice almost 'resting' area where you can sort out all your gear, then you view down this

A nicely blurred out urbexer in one of the 'shallower' parts

The very bottom of the cave:

And again with more light:

You probably cant tell from the pictures, but there were a couple of tunnels heading off left and right, but both were proper rattlesnake crawl tunnels, and being no expert i thought 'stuff that' :shake as I value my life!

If there's any potholers out there, or proper cave expo types, it may be worth a look, but I cant promise. There didnt seem to be much circulating air down there that's for sure, and it was very cold. I'd say it's probably about 100 foot under but it's pretty hard to gauge!

Hope this was a quick report that was of interest to some...
Closed Thread