NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Military Sites
Reload this Page ROF Near Bolton - July 10
Military Sites Bunkers, Pillboxes, Forts, Airfields and all ROC & cold war related stuff goes here.

(#11)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 11-07-2010, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by the copy cat View Post
ah i see so the roc post you couldnt open was in chorley? if thats right i have not been in.
No the roc post was close to westhoughton. we try d that first because it was virtually on our door step, and we knew we could get in to the other with ease. so have you been into the one we try d.

im looking forward to you showing us round bolton as that's right on our door step as well, should be good laugh.
(#12)
Old

Default 11-07-2010, 04:02

The ROC post is in atherton. We couldnt get in that. Think its a torlift but couldnt open it.
The main pics are in Chorley. Ill have a go at resizing next time. What size is the norm?
(#13)
Old

Default 11-07-2010, 13:51

nice report

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
hmm no not quite sure what that is though?
Unless that's a retorical question There's rumours of steam trains being kept down here in the event of an EMP weapon taking out everything with an electonic circuit they'd have steam engines for transportin troops and whatever around the country. The Strategic Steam Reserve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
And as for security we've never encountered any we've bin up to the doors and had a good look under them, up to the new buildings, we must have been spotted on them cameras loads of times but we never got a response.
It may just be coincidence but within 10 mins of me moochin around the perimeter fence security had turned up. I've mentioned it in the other thread on this place hat you've posted in.

Good report, some nice shots and thanks for sharing.
(#14)
Old
UE Addict

Default 11-07-2010, 17:02

Great pics, I like it. very nicely lit up!

I remember hearing about the SSR years ago, sheds/depos dotted around the main lines that would transport troops and supplies on the off chance that the cold war ever broke into war!
Thought it was just some silly tail that steam enthusiasts believed! lol!

Send three and fourpence we're going to a dance
(#15)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 11-07-2010, 19:22

cheers! yeah ive heard the same rumours as well but it would be good to get inside and have a look to see whats true. we've bin over most of the tops of these tunnels over the different visits hoping to try and find some sort of hatch, just wish full thinking.

oh dont know then ive heard other people say that the security is heavy around this place, some one i once knew said that her mates went up inside years ago and security turned up and took them of the site.
(#16)
Old

Default 26-07-2010, 13:16

Had my eye on this place for a while. Countless recce trips. Good job, well done
(#17)
Old
toecutter

Default 24-08-2010, 17:56

Ive been searching in this area for the last couple of years''
Have you noticed the two pools on your right with a branch line behind it? once unloaded and in the compound there is no escape as the fencing is angled to keep you in.

The germans commited many atrocitys to many people' I rather think that we were also dealing with these monsters by means electricution once they have been herded into the pools!
Why else would there be mega voltage to that side of the camp?
If anyone wants to search more and you see an mp lookin vehicle, hang arround and i' or the dog will appear! no doggers or perverts please as i will not be happy...

toecutter...
(#18)
Old
Administrator

Default 24-08-2010, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by toecutter View Post
Ive been searching in this area for the last couple of years''
Have you noticed the two pools on your right with a branch line behind it? once unloaded and in the compound there is no escape as the fencing is angled to keep you in.

The germans commited many atrocitys to many people' I rather think that we were also dealing with these monsters by means electricution once they have been herded into the pools!
Why else would there be mega voltage to that side of the camp?
If anyone wants to search more and you see an mp lookin vehicle, hang arround and i' or the dog will appear! no doggers or perverts please as i will not be happy...

toecutter...
WTF are you on about???
(#19)
Old
toecutter

Default 24-08-2010, 23:43

WTF''

I think you need to look at the bigger picture Andym' there are two separate sites.
Or are you affraid to rumage through the nettles and brambles?

WTF...
(#20)
Old
bricks not braps

Default 25-08-2010, 00:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by toecutter View Post
WTF''

I think you need to look at the bigger picture Andym' there are two separate sites.
Or are you affraid to rumage through the nettles and brambles?

WTF...
well just say that! your riddles are confusing