NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page Hendre spar mine
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

(#11)
Old
Administrator

Default 16-01-2011, 17:10

Great work, some nice classic Hendre shots
(#12)
Old
Administrator

Default 16-01-2011, 17:31

I'm sure i read on one of the other forums that you don't need ropes now to get down to the bottom level, did you see any evidence of this?

Egregious!
(#13)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 16-01-2011, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
I'm sure i read on one of the other forums that you don't need ropes now to get down to the bottom level, did you see any evidence of this?

Is the lower level down the worm hole? i think thats as far as we went down. The guy from the club was saying about some where thats opened up now and you can get down but i wasn't really listening, my head was still spinning from the ascent out of the worm hole.

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast
(#14)
Old
Dood of redness

Default 16-01-2011, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
The last time we were down there, there was a big open gap at the end where you could see daylight, this time, it looked like someone had covered the hole, for what ever reason.

But yeh, you can get in there without going through the worm hole

Visit my blog NOW - www.dspexplores.com

Last edited by Reddood; 16-01-2011 at 18:08.
(#15)
Old

Default 16-01-2011, 18:26

There's a thread or post on M-E somewhere I'll have to have a look for it but basically if you go to the open stope and drop to the very bottom you can somehow get in to the very bottom where the main incline is ..or you can go through the worm hole which drops you to the main incline chamber and then look to your left as your abseiling in and go towards the end of the chamber , here you will find a slope of debris up welly depth which takes you up to the open stope through a little hole or something?? (Havent seen it myself)

As for the rigging and custody of the mine ...
Lloyds Quarries contacted a member of UCET many moons ago over fears of liability etc and said they were going to take the ladder out and fill the shaft in,

(we've been going in for years with no problem.. why now all of a sudden we don't know) but they asked us if we were interested in taking it over as a play place (under instruction that we weren't to do anything what so ever with the mine apart from go in and out and explore it and not do any damage or mining?)

UCET agreed with Lloyd's and then the club had many meetings on whether or not to take it over ..not really thinking of the responsibility of it at the time we agreed (subject to conditions Lloyd's would impose) we would take it over therefore if anything happened in there responsibility was on our shoulders.

After looking in to it for some considerable time and having many discussions on the mine explorer forums and the ucet forum (agm's club meetings?? etc) we (mostly me) decided that we would not be prepared to take the responsibility any longer,

At this point we had not signed anything with Lloyd's (and still haven't and wont) in paper and so it wasn't our responsibility they were asking far too much. wanting us to pay for there solicitor fees (£1200? you can fuck off!) the terms of agreement was a joke.

It was then decided to contact Lloyd's and thank them very much for the opportunity of looking after there mine but we werent in a financial position to take up there offer and subsiquently it was decided to remove all the rigging we had put up to play with so as liability was not with the club should any none member have and accident etc etc

So Hendre spar will go back to how it was at the start although you may see the ladder removed by Lloyds Quarries so you'll have to get yourself an electron ladder for the whole 30 feet lol

if you have any more questions regarding Hendre Spar mine feel free to pm me

Cheers Marty

nid oes bradwr yn y ty hwn
(#16)
Old

Default 16-01-2011, 18:31

nice pics by the way reddood

nid oes bradwr yn y ty hwn
(#17)
Old
bricks not braps

Default 16-01-2011, 23:46

Last time i was there a huge owl flew out! many nasty spiders in there too! Nice set of pics
(#18)
Old
Just say NO

Default 17-01-2011, 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie View Post
top stuff fella im still yet to do a mine
I might arrange something in a few weeks time? Nothing extreme, just a wellies and torch job.

"WTF FOOKITY FOOK" - AndyJ 2010
(#19)
Old

Post 17-01-2011, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I might arrange something in a few weeks time? Nothing extreme, just a wellies and torch job.
Sounds good.
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 17-01-2011, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
deffo m8 yehh id be up for that