NorthWest Exploration Forum  
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   NorthWest Exploration Forum > Site Reports > Underground
Reload this Page An un named mine in an undisclosed location
Underground Sewers, Culverts, Caves, Mines & Air raid shelters etc.

(#21)
Old

Default 18-10-2010, 22:05

Lovely photographs from everyone, Top quality!
(#22)
Old
Still not ready for Titan

Default 19-10-2010, 00:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edus1 View Post

Gary inspected it last, so you were all safe.

All this country is hollow. Could you strike it with some gigantic hammer it would boom like a drum - Arthur Conan Doyle
(#23)
Old

Default 19-10-2010, 11:35

Ah thats ok we know how good your monkey is at checking gas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/urb_edd/

1974 BBC Nuclear Wartime broadcast - "Remember there is nothing to be gained by trying to get away!"
(#24)
Old
Just say NO

Default 19-10-2010, 11:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrisey View Post
Very nice write up Buddah, it was a pleasure to to meet you and to show you around. And remember the saying "what happens underground, stays underground."
Ha ha Buddah got molested!

"WTF FOOKITY FOOK" - AndyJ 2010
(#25)
Old

Default 19-10-2010, 18:20

Nice Report and a good explore (as always) shame about the company though.

Nice one coalboard and morrisey for the underground booksigning.
(#26)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 19-10-2010, 20:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Ha ha Buddah got molested!

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast
(#27)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 01-11-2010, 19:48

This is some sort of shaft i cant remember exactly what it was for hopefully one of the more experienced lads (morrisey ,boboil, coalboard) will shed some info on it as i cant seem to find anything on the net about it.

explored with blino

Although its not very big its still just as interesting as others close by and its fun getting in and out. But this is way way more ropey there's a lot of server collapses so the space to crawl around is very very limited.

(#28)
Old

Default 01-11-2010, 21:00

It is a mine shaft that took in the same seams as the undisclosed mine. There should be at least three different different tunnels. One at floor level on which was decidely blocked when we did but would be doable with a bit of digging. One to the right about 8 feet up which I presume is the one you did. I remember the bricks and there should be one on the Left which is also now blocked. It is believed that the shaft and the undisclosed mine should link up most probably through the tunnel to the left. For some reason though the strata is very poor between the shaft and the other place so has collapsed.

The tunnel you explored had a huge draft coming through when we did it so in theory should be easy to dig past the collapse.

I may be wrong but I think it was a ladder pit. There are clearly insets into the wall that would have had staging and there were also remants of wooden beams.
(#29)
Old

Default 01-11-2010, 21:51

Yeah I saw the wooden beams knocking around. Didnt fancy my chances squeezing right down them tunnels so left that to buddah. haha.. My pics didnt really come out very interesting, lens was piss wet through with the drips coming from the top of the shaft!

Was the first proper test of our recently found SRT skills too, was good fun!
(#30)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 02-11-2010, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by detritus21 View Post
It is a mine shaft that took in the same seams as the undisclosed mine. There should be at least three different different tunnels. One at floor level on which was decidely blocked when we did but would be doable with a bit of digging. One to the right about 8 feet up which I presume is the one you did. I remember the bricks and there should be one on the Left which is also now blocked. It is believed that the shaft and the undisclosed mine should link up most probably through the tunnel to the left. For some reason though the strata is very poor between the shaft and the other place so has collapsed.

The tunnel you explored had a huge draft coming through when we did it so in theory should be easy to dig past the collapse.

I may be wrong but I think it was a ladder pit. There are clearly insets into the wall that would have had staging and there were also remants of wooden beams.
yeah i know i got told they are part of the same workings. i think a lot might of changed though now by the sounds of it, since you was last there. There is no floor level tunnel now, and yeah the pics are from the one on the left but there was no draft coming through and it was very badly collapsed i cant see it surviving for much longer. And yeah i swung over to the one on the right and that didnt go in very far either before there was a substantial collapse. even the shaft it self is crumbling away.