View Single Post
(#3)
Old
Howfen lot

Default 30-05-2011, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojay View Post
My gear is still covered in mud, nice one chaps, shame you didn't get down bar pot though, I'm heading back in a few weeks if your up for a return visit

We did intend to go down through bar at first but then decided to just use the winch as we'd spent a night, id say sleeping but it was more like lying on twigs and rocks about 10 foot away from a raging torrent so we was pretty tired when we got up. But in all honesty im glad i did go down on the winch because that was well worth it. As you go down daylight disappears all you can see is it start to get darker and darker you get very close to the rock face. Then a couple seconds later you go through the waterfall and it just opens up into the huge floodlit chamber, it was breath taking and it just wouldn't of been the same if we had gone down through the system. I know if i had the chance again if the winch meet was on to either use the winch or ab in through bar or another connective passage i would choose the winch again without a doubt. And i would definitely recommend it to anyone, you don't need any equipment or experience and it really is amazing.

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast